Friday, May 29, 2015

The Search

The blue diamonds sparkled despite the sun not reaching them beneath the back patio steps.

"I—I think we can't go in there and get them," said Leigh.

"No?" said Sara.

"They look ready to go, but it would stir things up. It's too stressful for her and so many complications."

Meanwhile Sapphire was standing behind them. All she could do was let out some choking noises.

The two girls turned around and that's when it dawned on Leigh. "Urgh. You lied to me."

Sapphire gathered her words. "I'm sorry. It's true and also not true. I don't know how to explain."

"That's okay," said Sara. "It's like I often tried to tell you before. You don't need to apologize. We expect this sort of thing."

Sapphire dropped onto her hands and knees and began feeling around in the grass as if she were blind. "Leigh," she said, crying. "I can't find it."

"What are you looking for?"

"The secret."

Leigh knelt down beside her. "Don't give up."


No comments:

There was an error in this gadget