Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Yesterday at Lonsdale Quay

The people on the skytrain looked bored and tired. I sat beside my cousin who seemed more mellow than usual, dressed all in black, yawning occasionally. She had mentioned a couple of nights prior that she would corrupt me by taking me to Vancouver (I had told her I wanted to get out more). I think she thinks I am still much less wild than her. We're both wild, if you ask me. It's just that we are two different kinds of wild.

It was alright to get out of my art cave and go somewhere different. I was more fascinated by her than by the market or the sea bus. She became my adventure. Why the sudden change in her personality? What was it about the framed picture of a mermaid that mesmerized her? Why did she think that taking me into a sex shoppe would corrupt me? Was that a subtle change in her perception that I noticed? I realized there's so much more I could learn about her and we're both hoping to do more outings like this together.

I almost forgot to tell you. I bought a hat.


No comments:

There was an error in this gadget