Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 in Review

Musical Compositions



3. Tunnel Vision

Art






Non-fiction/Personal

"Grace falls like rain.  It pours.  Drenches me, soaks my heart—this heart that beats without any help from me.

I was knit in my mother's womb and I don't remember when this heart first began its pumping.  The Rain had been falling long before."




2. There's Love in Truthfulness
"Pocketing the money involves lying to himself and not taking responsibility.  'I don't need to give this back because she's the one who made the mistake.  She should just learn how to do her job properly.  I'm not really stealing."  This is to blame the other person instead of looking at himself to see what he can do for the sake of another human being.

If reflecting love and grace and forgiveness is important to him, he will be truthful and give the money back.

I see honesty, then, as a way of loving oneself as well as loving others.  It involves keeping a clear conscience but also shows great care and respect for other people."




"Sometimes, at an intellectual level, we can know about this highest love of Christ yet still not feel peace.  Maybe all that means is there are some damaging thought patterns going on within ourselves that need to be dismantled, or a wound that needs healing, or it could be we have some insecurities that are hindering us from receiving all Christ offers.

You have a voice and it matters, so don't be afraid to let it out.  Christ can bring it into harmony with his own.  Don't ask me how that works.  I just believe it.

Love is always here."






Children's
 

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget