Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pen Pals 2

Dear Sharon,
I got the recent photos you sent. I'm so thankful you haven't given up! I think you are the most courageous person I know right now because you have lots of fear yet you're choosing to share parts of yourself with me. Bravery is incredibly beautiful.

I hope you realize the depth of my care for you. If you have trouble accepting it, then it could be that I'm misunderstanding you. But it's just as likely you're misunderstanding me. That's okay. Sometimes that happens because of the barbed wire fences.

I have something to ask you. It's important. Next time you carve eggplants can you do a darker one? Preferably another bum? The great thing about bums is they can be ugly or funny or even just plain weird. And I suppose they can be sexy, but that's not what I want to focus on right now.

You might be surprised when I tell you I think carving bums will help the entire process move along in a healthier direction. I only know this because I've carved plenty of bums myself.

Sincerely,
Waldo


Dear Waldo,
The barbed wire fences make me upset. People need to know that I'm not a cow. I just want some respect! Maybe I'll carve a bum, or maybe I'll carve a fire hydrant. You'll find out.

Sincerely,
Sharon

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget