Monday, September 8, 2014

On Spaces and Switching Over

If you're super observant you might notice I've begun using only one space after each period. I've been typing two spaces for years, but last month I read a blurb called Why You Should Never, Ever Use Two Spaces After a Period. The title is a bit extreme so as to catch attention and that's fine. No need to get snappy. The article is helpful, I think.

Social media has been my practicing arena for switching over. It required more work at first because habits are hard to break, but eventually I didn't need to delete that second space as often and started to appreciate the nice, tight feel of the single space. My sentences aren't so far apart from one another now. My work seems less choppy.

But the great thing is nobody's going to get punished for typing two. That would be lame! So if you're a bloggy person like me and you prefer two, I say go for it. And if you wanna switch to one like I did, that's also fine. It's not like you'll get kicked off the internet because of it.



  

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget