Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dear person full of pain:


Chances are you're highly sensitive right now.  I don't know how to tell you this without hurting you, but you've been neglecting your moving boxes and I hope you begin the difficult work of opening them soon.

I don't know how many you have, but I think you can't even see them all.  Some of them have been hidden, shoved behind curtains perhaps.  Some of them are strangely blurry to you, others not.  I bet there are even boxes within boxes.

What I'm trying to say is I think most of your pain is happening because of them.  And I don't know if you'll believe me when I tell you I care about what's in them, but I do.  I don't want to force them open, though.  You're in charge of your own boxes.

When you're ready, you can start anywhere.  If I remember right, when I began mine I started with the very box I thought I was trapped in.

There are different ways of opening them, with spoken conversation or pen and paper, song or drama.  They can be tickled open with a paintbrush or seduced by sketches.  You can choose one, or any amount, of these.  And you don't have to be accomplished at any of them because it's about the honest undertaking, not the outcome. 

Opening particular boxes will bring the blurrier ones into focus and that can sometimes make your curtains fall.  It's okay.

It won't surprise me if you're faced with enormous resistance while you go about this.  Are you scared?  It's okay if you are.  Just remember to look for your encouraging helper.  It's probably necessary to ask around.  Put your feelers out.  If you don't know who it is yet, I believe you'll recognize him or her if you're watchful.

Take courage, beloved one.


Sincerely,
Leah 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Leah, and resonates....Kim

Leah Schouten said...

Thanks for saying. See you soon.

There was an error in this gadget