Sunday, November 4, 2012

now is the time

I have something to tell you.

I'm an addict.

And addiction isn't good for me so I've decided to take a break from the computer for the purposes of self-care.  At first I thought I'd only cut out social media yet continue blogging, but I think ANY type of computer activity will intensify the temptation to click into facebook.

Social media is a breeding ground for slander, bullying, and narcissism but it's also a helpful tool that can be used to influence change in a positive way and I enjoy communicating with it.

I've come to rely on it a little too much, though, and when I do that it takes away from real relationships, opportunities and experiences.

I'm doing this based on a suggestion from Julia Cameron in The Artist's Way.  She recommends depriving myself of reading for a week in order to nourish the artist within.

I'll be back next Sunday.


No comments:

There was an error in this gadget