Monday, July 2, 2012

Loving Life: an introduction





Why I choose photography for my new hobby: 

1. Sometimes I communicate through a picture what I struggle to express in words.

2. I hope that by sharing my pictures, you'll be reminded of what is beautiful and worth celebrating in your own life.

3. It's a way to take care of myself.  In recent years, I've not loved myself very well and that needs to change.  When I take a self-portrait it's with the purpose of remembering I've been created miraculously and that my existence has importance.

4. It gives you a glimpse of my journey(s).  I think we all have a need to communicate our sufferings and joys with others and my favorite way is through this blog.  Photography is only one aspect of it.

5. Nobody sees life exactly the way I do, so I hope it gives you an idea of my unique perspective.

6. It helps keep the blues away.  I'm prone to depression, so a hobby that encourages me to leave the house is very important.

7. Lastly, it's a way for me to be passionate about the world and be thankful for my surroundings. 

Tea at Ruth's house

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget