Thursday, June 21, 2012

time-killers

My crazy mind sometimes explodes with creativity at the most inopportune times.  In the dark, at about one o'clock this morning my head was a hive, and in it the bees noisily went about their business and wouldn't let me rest until I got up and scribbled them out onto paper.

So now, you see, I have a very messy rough draft that I'm attempting to put into a second draft.  This is the hard part for me.  Tonight I've been procrastinating by doing the following:

1. Making a song
Because creating is fun.

2. Clipping my toenails
Can't have long toenails while writing.  No, definitely not.

3. Snacks! 
Specifically, nachos and salsa.  And pickles, the kind with 50% less sodium.  Every time I get myself a snack, I think I can write and eat at the same time.  Doesn't work.

4. Wandering around the house like a creepy burglar
I don't know why I do this.

5. Looking at the work-in-progress in my sketch book
I started it a few weeks ago.  I like it so far and will let you see it one day in the future.

6. Checking facebook.
What can I say?  I like words and pictures and friends.

7. Writing about procrastination
What better way is there to procrastinate?


Alright, I'm going to bed before it gets to be one o'clock and the bees come back.  


No comments:

There was an error in this gadget